Sunday, February 7, 2010

In My Mailbox (5)

In My Mailbox is a meme originally hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren (click for more information) that shares all the new books you've bought, borrowed, received, or traded for the week.  

Hey everyone! I'm still working on last weeks haul of books. I'm currently reading Twenty Boy Summer and am absolutely loving it so far! Look out for a review very soon! It's kind of funny, before I started my own blog, I didn't have much of a TBR pile, but now its growing every week! I didn't get too much this week.

Received/For Review:

Top Ten Uses For an Unworn Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Sophomore year, Nicolette Antonovich was dumped two days before prom by the hottest guy at school. As a result, she became the proud owner of one unworn, perfectly magical pink vintage dress. But Nic is determined to put that night behind her for good. She's a junior now— older, wiser, and completely overwhelmed by a new set of problems: (1) The bank's ready to foreclose on her childhood home. (2) Her father's too busy with his "replacement" daughter to care. (3) Her best friend's brother is an eternal thorn in her side. (4) Her best friend isn't exactly the rose attached to that thorn. (5) Rumors are flying around school that could get her kicked off the volleyball team, which would (6) ruin all chances of a college scholarship. (7) She still likes the boy who dumped her in the first place. (8) And what in the world do you do with an unworn prom dress, anyway? Strangely, it's getting to the bottom of this last dilemma that just might hold the answer to all Nic's problems.

Much thanks goes to Tine Ferraro for sending this one in! I can't wait to read it, I love the cover! It sounds like a really cute read :)
 

Library/For review: 

Razzle by Ellen Wittlinger
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Quiet Kenyon Baker is a little disgruntled. Always a good kid, Ken has never given his elderly parents much trouble. But now they have retired to Cape Cod and bought an old set of beachfront rental cabins, and suddenly, they're paying more attention to Ken than ever before--especially when it comes to cleaning, painting, and repairing. He just wants to be left alone to work on his one passion--photography. Then he meets Razzle Penney, the teen caretaker of the town dump. Razzle challenges and inspires him with her blunt manner and junkyard art. But his blossoming friendship with her is put on hold when Ken catches the eye of beautiful, dangerous Harley, Razzle's sworn enemy. Ken photographs both of them, but it's Razzle's, not Harley's pictures that stun and amaze those that see them. Ken is caught between his head and his heart when Harley pushes him to display her pictures instead of Razzle's in a local art show. To make matters worse, Razzle has just discovered a terrible secret about her past that threatens to ruin her future. Will Ken turn his back on his friend and muse during this awful time just to stay on good terms with the best-looking girl in town?

I found this one randomly, lately I've been really enjoying those random reads. I love love summer/beach reads, especially with all the snow outside! 


Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

A bit early to get swoony knickers but I have got them on.

For Georgia, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Just when she thought she was the official one-and-only girlfriend of Masimo, he's walked off into the night with the full hump, leaving Georgia all aloney on her owney—again. All because Dave the Laugh tried to do fisticuffs at dawn with him! 

Two boys fighting over Georgia? It's almost as romantic as Romeo and Juliet . . . though perhaps a touch less tragic.

It's time for Georgia to get to the bottom (oo-er) of this Dave the Laugh spontaneous puckering business once and for all. It's like they always say: If you snog a mate in the forest of red bottomosity and no one is around to see it, is he still a mate? Or is he something more?

Yay, I finally got a hold of this one! I love the Georgia Nicolson series, they are so funny! I didn't even know there was another installment of the series, but I'm really glad there is!



Privilege by Kate Brian
Summary:(taken from Goodreads)

Most girls would die for a life of privilege...
Some would even kill for it.

Ariana Osgood ruled exclusive Easton Academy -- until she was arrested for murdering Thomas Pearson. She's spent the past two years at the Brenda T. Trumbull Correctional Facility for Women plotting her escape and is determined to get a second chance at the glamorous life she left behind. And Ariana will do anything to get her way....

From the author of the bestselling Private novels comes a new series about the dark world of wealth, secrets, and Privilege.


I really fell in love with The Private series and I heard that Privilege was just as good! It's about time I tried this series out :) 

What's in your mailbox?

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me is really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Nina said...

Dont you just love the Private series. I am so addicted to them, I still have to read the third, but I just cant find them at my library.. :(
Happy reading!

Vanessa said...

Great books! I've been wanting to read the Tina Ferraro one myself.

Christina T said...

I hadn't heard of a couple of those books. Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress sounds really good. I hope you enjoy your new books.

Here is what's in my mailbox this week

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

I think I've read Privilege before! Seriously, throw a bit of mystery in a book and I'm guaranteed to love it! Haha, hope you enjoy.

Emidy
Une Parole

Emily said...

Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress sounds really interesting. Enjoy your books!

Emily
What Book is That?

Kathy Martin said...

What a great group of books! I hope you enjoy all of them. Razzle sounds especially good to me. A boy's point of view is sort of rare in the YA I read. Happy reading!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Thanks for participating in The Saturday Network yet again! :D

And great books! Louise Rennisons' books seem really cute, and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts. Happy reading!

YA Book Queen said...

Privilege is really good (so is the next one)! Hope you enjoy all your books! :)

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

Nice haul this week! OMG I remember reading Razzle when I was in HS. I'd love to read it again. Cool!

Here's mine: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-2-6-10.html

Have a good one!

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

Looks like you got some fun books this week :) Have a great week!

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

What a great week! Are These My Basoomas.... that title cracks me up every time I read it. Priviledge looks awesome too. Happy reading :)

Mel

Christina / Book Addict said...

Top Ten Uses sounds like a really cute read. I'll keep my eye out for your review. Enjoy your books and thanks for the comment on my page!

The Library Lurker said...

I've heard that Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress is good! And Are These My Basoomas I see Before Me is just as funny as the previous ones! Privilege wasn't my cup of tea, but I hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine mentioned 2012 last night to me and it's the first I heard about it so I jumped on here out of curiosity. I think it's kind of sick and sounds like a bunch of skeptical jargon.
I choose to live every day like it is the last because let's be real, WHO THE HELL KNOWS what is going to happen or when it's your time to go on. The past is history, the future is a mystery and now is a gift, thats why it's called the present. It's not healthy to sit around and trip out about when you will die. Stop wasting your time you have now.
[url=http://2012earth.net/future_and_past_of_the_earth.html
]Nibiru
[/url] - some truth about 2012