Sunday, February 27, 2011

In My Mailbox (35)

In My Mailbox is a meme originally hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren (click for more information) that shares all the new books you've bought, borrowed, received, or traded for the week.

For review:

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Summary:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

I already started this one and it's so good and addictive. ♥

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Summary:

I had a life anyone would kill for.
Then someone did.

The worst part of being dead is that there’s nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It’s enough to kill a girl all over again. But I’m about to get something no one else does—an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet.

Now Emma’s desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure it out is to be me—to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she laugh at inside jokes with my best friends? Convince my boyfriend she’s the girl he fell in love with? Pretend to be a happy, carefree daughter when she hugs my parents good night? And can she keep up the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move?

Sara Shepard is amazing. I've been waiting to read this since I first found about it. I'm sure it'll be just great. :) And I heard it was going to be a TV show this summer! 
 
What's in your mailbox?

15 comments:

Dazzling Mage said...

Great books this week! I really want to read Anna and the French Kiss! Looking forward to your review. =)

Bella said...

You got two great books, they both look so awesome! I really want to read Anna and the French Kiss, but it's not out in the UK yet ]= Happy reading, I can't wait to see what you think of it! =]

Here's my IMM: http://cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-8.html

Rachel @ Fictional Fantasy said...

Hi, great IMM this week :) I have Anna and the French Kiss in my pile of books to read and am looking forward to reading it!

Come visit me @ Fictional Fantasy!

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

I thought Anna and the French Kiss was delish! I hope you love!! The Lying Game is on my wish list. I need to get that soon. Nice mailbox ;) You can find mine here:http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

Christina T said...

I didn't know they were making The Lying Game into a T.V. show! It sounds like a fun book.

I just read Anna and the French Kiss this past week and I completely agree with you!

Christina / Book Addict said...

Anna and the French Kiss is one of my absolute favorite books of 2010. I loved it; I hope you do as well. Enjoy all your books!

Brittany said...

OOOOO I'm so glas you're reading Anna it's so good! The Lying Game was pretty good too! Happy Reading!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I loved Anna and the French Kiss. I want to read it again.

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

I sooooo want to read Anna and the French Kiss!! I have The Lying Game on lend from the library. Can't wait to read it!

Happy Reading!
http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-3.html

Little Miss Becky said...

My daughter just breezed through Anna and the French Kiss in two days---the fastest I've ever seen her read a book! She loved it! Enjoy these books!

Alison Can Read said...

Anna and the FK! One of the best books ever.
My IMM

Justine said...

Whoa, another TV series based on Sara Shepard's books?! That's fantastic! I love, love, love Pretty Little Liars! And I've heard tons of amazing things about Anna and the French Kiss. Happy reading!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I actually really enjoyed The Lying Game! I hope you do, too! I haven't read Anna, but every review I've seen has been five stars :)

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read my copy of Anna.

Also, I'd love to read The Lying Game.

Take care.

Brittany said...

Great books this week!