Sunday, January 3, 2010

Before I Die

Book Review #2
Before I Die by Jenny Downham
Rating: Five stars (refer to the rating system on the right)

Summary:
Before I Die is centered around 16 year Tessa who is diagnosed with cancer. Before reading the book, you discover that she doesn't have much time to live, but instead of staying in bed, she makes a list of things she wants to do before she dies. Tessa gets a taste of experiences she's always longed for, while her failing body tries to keep up. For once she finally feels alive.
    
I just finished reading this book minutes ago and I have to say that I'm left feeling like an emotional wreck- but in a good way. I read this book straight, I literally couldn't put it down. You instantly fall in love with the characters. The author did a very good job conveying Tessa's emotions. I loved being with Tessa as she lived her last few months, it was a happy, uplifting, and very sad journey. Her last few weeks of life is what hit me the hardest. Overall, the book definitely deserves five stars and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes good books.

1 comment:

Test said...

I love this book too, though I hated the way it made me cry my eyes out in the end.