Thursday, June 24, 2010

Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Book review #49
Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Rating: Four and a half stars 

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

There are two sides to every breakup. This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation. Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet. It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care. But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot. Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other. 

Two Way Street is one sweet entertaining read. It's one of those books that have just the right ingredients that make it pretty close to perfect. Emotion, laughter, and plain cuteness filled each and every page. I was really surprised at how laugh out loud funny this book was! Almost every character, even the minor ones were hilarious. I had a wonderful time on Jordan and Courtney's crazy road trip adventure.

Jordan and Courtney are two people that normally wouldn't be together. To both their surprise together that had something special with each other. Everything was going great, until Courtney finds herself dumped for some girl Jordan met online. Courtney is completely broken and horrified that she is being forced on the pre-planned road trip she has to go on. It's going to be every bit as painful to go through with the trip, but for completely other reasons. Together you discover the truth behind the breakup...

It love the setup of this book. I got to see both sides of the breakup/couple-alternating between Courtney and Jordan's point of view. You also got to see flashbacks of the past, including how they met. They were just too cure. It was funny how much they thought alike. Courtney and Jordan are one those couples who are just meant to be, no matter what happens. Jordan was a great representation of a male teenager, Lauren Barnholdt really got it spot on. And once you find out his side of the story, you start to love him even more. Even the minor characters were well developed. Both of their best friends went out with each other as well. Joyce and B.J. were so crazy together, but so fun to read about.

I literally flew through this book. I was sad when it was over, I could have read a lot more without ever getting board. Delicious would be a great word to describe this one. Two Way Street is light, lovable, and hilarious! I can't wait to read Lauren Barnholdt's upcoming releases. It's hard to think how somehow wouldn't enjoy Two Way Street. I most definitely recommend you to check this one out :D

15 comments:

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Really cute! I want to find out what his secret is... I'll just have to read it. Great review!

Erika said...

this book was adorable! i can't wait to read lauren's upcoming novel, aces up.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Awesome review!! Sounds like this one is a keeper!

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

great review! i've been wanting to read this for a while, the summary and premise sounds like so much fun :P

Krista/Tower of Books said...

Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to read this for a long time.

Jessica said...

I have this book but haven't been able to read it yet. Glad to see a review of it!! :)

I'm a new follower and Hopping by to say Hello and hope you have a great weekend!!

Confessions of a Bookaholic

LM Preston said...

Love your blog! Found you from the Blog Hop.

j said...

Always a good thing when you are sad a book is over! :)

Unknown said...

Lately I have been so in the mood for light-hearted-summer-beach-y reads. Two Way Street sounds perfect! Happy Weekend, Sara!

Brittany said...

Thanks for the review, I'll certainly have to pick this up this summer:)

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love when it leaves you thirsty for more ;)

Justine said...

Ooh, I remember staying up REALLY late for this one because I just could not stop reading it. And you're right -- it had laughter, emotion and plain cuteness. It's such a great book, I think it's one of my faves. :) Lauren Barnholdt is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

You got an award: http://intheforestbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Linna said...

Ah, this looks like such a great summer read. Another to add to that TBR pile!

Bere said...

Wonderful review Sara! Makes me want to read this right now. I just added it to my list. Thanks Sara =)