Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (15)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we "can't-wait-to-read".

Heart to Heart by Lurlene McDaniel
Release date: June 8th 2010 
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Elowyn Eden and Kassey Messechek are best friends. They share every aspect of their lives. But one thing Elowyn has not yet shared with Kassey is that she checked the organ donor box on her newly acquired driver's license. Kassey only learns of this in a startling and devastating way—when Elowyn's life-giving donor wishes are about to be honored.

Arabeth St. Clair has not had the luck to have a best friend. Due to her diseased heart, she's led a sheltered life. When Arabeth is sixteen, she and her mother receive the call that will change their lives—but they don't know to whom they should be forever grateful.

When the worlds of these three girls and their families intersect, lives are changed in ways never imagined. Most especially, it is Kassey who sees things differently, for she can keep alive the memory of her dear friend by sharing the renewed life of another teenage girl, while helping to ease the pain of the two families involved and coming to terms with her own.

 
I think this has potential to be amazing! I love books that have strong best friend relationships. And luckily the release date isn't too far away :D

And on a side note: I just discovered that there is going to be a sequel to If I Stay by Gayle Forman!  I fell in love with If I Stay so I'm SO excited. It's going to be called Where She Went and it's going to be from Adam's point of view 3 years later. Oh and it's going to be released sometime in 2011.

12 comments:

Adriana said...

Wow! I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds like a beautiful story.

I've heard so many great things about If I Stay, so I'll have to get around to reading that one.

Jan von Harz said...

This sounds like an interesting read. Good choice.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Nice choice ;)

Blueicegal ♥ said...

it really does sound great looks like you got me on the look out for another one Sara! :D

j said...

This one sounds awesome Sara! You always pick good ones! I agree, I love stories with strong best friends.

Kelley Vitollo said...

OMG!!! There is going to be a sequel to If I Stay?? That is fantastic news! I hadn't heard that yet. I loved Adam. Thanks for sharing.

This book looks good. I love books with strong female relationships too.

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

Nice choice! This one does sound like it has the possibility to be awesome.

E.J. Stevens said...

Great pick!

I'm waiting on The Iron Thorn here.

Happy reading. :)

xx,
E.J.
From the Shadows

Andrea said...

I grew up reading Lurlene McDaniel and I love her books!

Bere said...

Wow! Sara this one sounds really amazing. Definitely it will be one to lookout for. I'm going to added to my list! Great pick Sara =)

I haven't read If I Stay yet, but I'm dying to finally get to read it. Your review was wonderful.

CarlyB said...

Good choice, this one sounds lovely! Will definitely try to check it out - can see this one being adapted into a film shortly!x

Erika said...

great choice! it sounds like a beautiful story about friendship :)

OMGOMGOMG there will be a sequel to if i stay? ahhh!!! i cannot even begin to tell you how happy i am! i love that book :)