Sunday, January 31, 2010

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a meme originally hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren (click for more information) that shares all the new books you've bought, borrowed, received, or traded for the week. 

I got some really good books, I can't decided which one to read first! It's kind of weird, but out of habit I always stack my pile of books in order of which ones I'm going to read. Wow, I can't believe this is already my fourth IMM, I feel like it was just yesterday that I started me blog!

Library/for review:

Alphas by Lisi Harrison

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)
 At OCD the losers are tormented.

At Alpha Academy, they're sent home.

Skye Hamilton has scored an invitation to the ultra-exclusive Alphas-only boarding school where beta is spelled LBR . What happens when the country's best, brightest, and hawtest begin clawing and scratching their way to the top?



I really liked The Clique series (guility pleasure) and I heard that The Aplhas is possibly even better! I'm excited to see how it goes.


Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)
"Don't worry, Anna. I'll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it."
"Okay."
"Promise me? Promise you won't say anything?"
"Don't worry." I laughed. "It's our secret, right?"

According to her best friend Frankie, twenty days in is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy ever day, there's a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there's something she hasn't told Frankie---she's already had that kind of romance, and it was with Frankie's older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago. 
Beautifully written and emotionally honest, this is a debut novel that explores what it truly means to love someone and what it means to grieve, and ultimately, how to make the most of every single moment this world has to offer.

I finally got my hands on a copy! I absolutely love summer reads and I've hear nothing but good things about this one, so I can't wait to read it!

Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)
Sometimes you have to get lost.
The Girl: Clio, seventeen, wants to spend the summer smooching her art-store crush, not stuck on a boat in the Mediterranean. At least she'll get a killer tan.
The Mission: Survive her father's annoying antics. Oh, also find some underwater treasure that could be the missing link to a long-lost civilization.
The Crew: Dad's absentminded best friend Martin, his scary girlfriend Julia, her voluptuous daughter Elsa . . . and then there's Aidan, Julia's incredibly attractive, incredibly arrogant research assistant.
What's going on behind Aidan's intellectual, intensely green eyes, anyway?
As Clio sails into uncharted territory she unveils secrets that have the power to change history. But her most surprising discovery is that there's something deeper and more mysterious than the sea—her own heart.

I really like Maureen Johnson, so I'm sure this will be a really good read. It looks really interesting.

Sharing Sam by Katherine Applegate

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)
How can you take the guy your best friend loves . . . when your best friend’s going to die?
Alison Chapman has always believed she’d fall in love hard. And she does—with Sam Cody, a new guy with a gorgeous face and brooding eyes, a guy who’s impossible to resist. When Sam asks her to the Valentine’s Day dance, Alison is elated . . . until she finds out that her best friend, Isabella Cates-Lopez, has fallen for Sam,
too . . . until she finds out that Isabella is dying. Now Alison wants Isabella’s last days to be her happiest ever—even if she and Sam have to hide their love. Even if, by sharing Sam, Alison risks losing him forever.


Sharing Sam looks like a really good emotional romance read. I'm not sure if I'm going to need tissues for this one.

What's in your mailbox?

13 comments:

prophecygirl said...

These all look great (especially Twenty Boy Summer). Hope you enjoy!

YellowBanana said...

Girl at Sea! Yay :D
All the other books look really interesting, especially Twenty Boy Summer which is on my to-read list. Alphas looks interesting too, I haven't heard of it before.
Happy reading!

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Nice selection! Sharing Sam looks like the best one, in my opinion. I'm about to go post my first IMM!

Hope you enjoy them all!

Emidy
from Une Parole

j said...

Girl at Sea and 20 Boy Summer looks good! Happy reading!
Here's mine
http://yaaddict.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox_31.html

Christina T said...

Twenty Boy Summer was one of my top ten YA books that I read last year. It was emotional and good. The other books look really good too especially Sharing Sam.

I've read 13 Little Blue Envelopes and I really liked it so I will probably like Girl at Sea as well.

The Library Lurker said...

I've read Girl at Sea, and it's really good! Twenty Boy Summer has been on my wishlist for a while, and I'm really curious about Alphas. I like the Clique series, but not as much as I used to, so I haven't given it a shot. I'll be looking for your review of that one!

Here's mine: http://librarylurker.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-2.html

Raíla said...

Hmmm. The cover of Sharing Sam is similar to the cover of Sing Me to Sleep, isn't it? I love that cover! And Sharing Sam sounds crazily good! Pretty interesting... So does Twenty Boy Summer. Hope you enjoy them!

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

Great selection!
I just finished reading Twenty Boy Summer this morning and it was amazing, so well written and heartbreaking and at the same time, full of summer. I hope you'll enjoy it too!

Brittany said...

I loved Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson I have to read Girl at Sea. The others are also in my TBR pile. Enjoy!

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. Sharing Sam is quite good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Jessica Love said...

Good stuff! I liked Twenty Boy Summer a LOT better than I thought I would. :-) Enjoy!

Justine said...

Ooh, Twenty Boy Summer! Lucky! I haven't read that one yet but I really want to. And Sharing Sam sounds really good. Wow, I'd have to read that one too.

:) Enjoy your books!

Test said...

Oooh, great books! I love Girl at Sea; so I hope you enjoy it too! :)