Sunday, July 4, 2010

In My Mailbox (24)

In My Mailbox is a meme originally hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren (click for more information) that shares all the new books you've bought, borrowed, received, or traded for the week.

Received/for review:

One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Eliza is in a full-blown panic. Her notebook has been stolen—the one that lists everything she wants but is afraid to go after. And the absolute worst person in the world has it: her ex-boyfriend, Cooper.

Like it’s not enough Cooper was lying to Eliza for their entire relationship, now he and his friends are blackmailing her. They’re giving her just one night to complete the most humiliating tasks on her list or they’ll post her secrets online—including the ones that aren’t just about her.


Eliza’s sure of only one thing: she isn’t going down without a fight. Cooper may have what’s left of her dignity, but she’s not the only one with something to hide … 


I've already started this one and it's soooo good! I received this from Around the World Tours. This is my very first book tour :)

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (ARC)
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Sixteen-year-old Maya and seventeen-year-old Lochan have never had the chance to be 'normal' teenagers. Having pulled together for years to take care of their younger siblings while their wayward, drunken mother leaves them to fend alone, they have become much more than brother and sister. And now, they have fallen in love. But this is a love that can never be allowed, a love that will have devastating consequences ...How can something so wrong feel so right? 

Gosh I can't wait to get started on this one. It was my WoW a couple of weeks ago so I was delighted to read this one.  A big thanks goes to Corinne and Random House for sending me this one!

Library/for review:

Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
Summary: (taken from Amazon)

Phoebe is just your typical goth girl with a crush.  He’s strong and silent…and dead.

All over the country, a strange phenomenon is happening.  Some teenagers who die aren't staying dead.  They are coming back to life, but they are no longer the same—they stutter, and their reactions to everything are slower.   Termed "living impaired" or "differently biotic," they are doing their best to fit into a society that doesn’t want them. 

Fitting in is hard enough when you don’t have the look or attitude, but when almost everyone else is alive and
you’re not, it’s close to impossible.   The kids at Oakvale High don’t want to take classes or eat in the cafeteria next to someone who isn’t breathing.  And there are no laws that exist to protect the differently biotic from the people who want them to disappear—for good.  

With her pale skin and Goth wardrobe, Phoebe has never run with the popular crowd.  But no one can believe it when she falls for Tommy Williams, the leader of the dead kids.  Not her best friend, Margi, whose fear of the differently biotic is deeply rooted in guilt over the past.  And especially not her neighbor, Adam, the star of the football team.  Adam has just realized his feelings for Phoebe run much deeper than just friendship.  He would do anything for her, but what if protecting Tommy is the one thing that would make her happy? 

I received a request to review the third book in this series, which meant I had to get the first two books. This sounds really interesting! I'm definitely intrigued...

Kiss of Life (Generation Dead #2) by Daniel Waters
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

The phenomenon that's been sweeping the country seems to be here to stay.  Not only are the teenagers who have come back from their graves still here, but newlydeads are being unearthed all the time.  While scientists look for answers and politicians take their stands, the undead population of Oakville have banded together in a group they're calling the Sons of Romero, hoping to find solidarity in segregation.

Phoebe Kendall may be alive, but she feels just as lost and alone as her dead friends.  Just when she reconciled herself to having feelings for a zombie -- her Homecoming date Tommy Williams -- her friend Adam is murdered taking a bullet that was meant for her.  Things get even more confusing when Adam comes back from the grave.  Now she has romantic interest in two dead boys; one who saved her life, and one she can't seem to live without.


I went ahead and grabbed the second book while I had the chance. I just love the cover :)

What's in your mailbox?

21 comments:

Linna said...

Gosh, these all look super interesting. And awesome, a book tour! I've always wanted to try one of those, haha. Happy reading! (:

Jessica Love said...

GREAT stuff this week, Sara! :-D

I'm SO interested to hear your review of Forbidden! And I'm dying to read One Night That Changes Everything. I really like Lauren Barnholdt.

Kate at Read This Book! said...

One Night That Changes Everything looks really good! Happy reading!

Alyssa Kirk said...

Great bunch of books. I'll be looking for your review of Forbidden since I'm not sure I'm up to reading that one but it's supposed to be good. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I want Forbidden amd how jealous I am. The rest of the books are great too.

Unknown said...

I got a request for Generation Dead too, which is funny cause I discovered it like five minutes before I got the email and was looking into the series. I only got the first book though. Hopefully it'll be okay if I skipped the second! Can't wait to hear what you think of all three though!

Katie said...

Generation Dead looks great! My IMM is here

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, I read a positive review about One Night That Changes Everything. It looks like a great, fun read!

Enjoy. =)

Nina said...

Great books you got there. I love the sound of One Night That Changes Everything. I saw the first cover that they wanted to publish and I liked that one better. :P Also I haven't read Generation Dead, but it's high on my list. I also received an email asking me to review the third book. Hopefully they don't mind I haven't read the first two. :)

Gilliene said...

One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt interests me a lot! Since you've given it such a good mini-review, I'm going to make it to a point to buy this one when it comes out! :) Oh I'm so excited!

the story siren said...

what great books this week! i hope you enjoy them all! i need to catch up on the generation dead series, i really liked the first one. happy reading!

Kelly said...

All of them look great, hope you enjoy them! :)

YA Book Queen said...

Nice books! ONTCE sounds great, and I love Forbidden's cover,

Hope you enjoy all four!

Dwayne said...

Forbidden is uhm a woah kind of book. Out of my comfort zone but the more I read the blurb the more I seem to like it! Oh and I loved the generation dead series, I hope you like them too! Kiss of Life is especially romantic:D

Brittany said...

Great books this week. I look forward to your reviews for One Night and Forbidden. Happy Reading!

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Whoa! Great books this week, Sara. They all sound really good! I'll be waiting for some reviews, of course. ;D

Anonymous said...

Oooh awesome! I am super jealous of the first two! Happy reading Sara!

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

Loved ONE NIGHT..!It was really good. Hope u enjoy it as much as i did :D

Happy reading!

brandileigh2003 said...

I am jealous of Forbidden! Can't wait to see review. Happy Reading! Here’s mine if you wanna check it out.

j said...

YAY! You got Forbidden! I can't wait to see what you think of it! I want all the other books you got, too!

Bere said...

Oooh you got such awesome books this week Sara! I'm really excited about the first 2 books. They are on my wish list. I will be looking out for your reviews. I hope you enjoy all the books. Happy reading Sara! =)