Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (16)

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
 -BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:

"Lola stood in front of the mirror, dripping water all over the mosaic-tiled floor, wondering how her life had gotten so complicated. True, she may have been just the tiniest bit responsible for keeping secrets from those who she loved, but was it really such a bad thing to want to make everyone around you happy?"

-pg.61, Laguna Cove by Alyson Noel



I'm really loving this one so far. It's exactly the type of book I needed after reading Forbidden. Look out for the review coming soon :)

8 comments:

Black Disaster Fairy said...

I just stared Teaser Tuesday Too.

I love the little quotes that we get a peak at. :)

Head on over to my blog. I just gave you a blog award!!!!

Twisted

literarydaydreams.blogspot.com

Amelia said...

Bleh. I can tell, just by that teaser, that I would not like that book one stinking bit. No offense or anything, but I can't stand the so-called holier-than-thou girls who just MUST make other people happy. Meh.

Good luck with that one. XD

-Amelia

Erika said...

it sounds like she has a complicated summer ahead of her!

Julie said...

I think that teaser hits the nail on the head about many of us women, and young women in particular - so many are so busy trying to make everyone else happy that they make themselves miserable.

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

My teaser: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-july-20-2010.html

Savannah said...

I;ve read her immortal series but not her other teen series. This sounds interesting.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Very summer :) I like it.

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Nice one! I love that. Glad you're liking the book! I'll be looking out for your review.

pussreboots said...

I'm curious to read your review when you're done. Mine's from Bollywood Babes by Narinder Dhami.