Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (22)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we "can't-wait-to-read".

Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
Release date: March 1st 2011
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Playing Hurt centers on two former athletes: Chelsea Keyes, a basketball star whose promising career has been catastrophically snipped short by a horrific accident on the court, and Clint Morgan, an ex-hockey player who gave up his much-loved sport following his own game-related tragedy.

Chelsea meets Clint (who's working as a resort fishing guide) soon after arriving with her family for a summer vacation in Lake of the Woods, Minnesota. Sparks fly, igniting the pages, even though Chelsea has a boyfriend back home in Missouri...and even though Clint has sworn never to put himself in the position to be hurt emotionally again.

Their unlikely romance has the potential to heal their heartache and force Chelsea and Clint to realize just how timidly they've been living - but are they really ready to give themselves completely to one another? How will the weeks spent in another man's arms play into Chelsea's feelings for her boyfriend when she returns home? Will Clint allow himself to fall for a woman who's bound to leave him at the end of her summer vacation? By playing hurt - entering into a romance with already-broken hearts - are they just setting themselves up for the kind of injury from with they could never recover? Will Chelsea and Clint pull away from each other before they have a chance to find out just how beautiful their story could be?

I first saw this on Michelle's Bookshelf yesterday and thought it sounded pretty darn awesome! I haven't read her other novel A Blue S Dark yet, but I heard it was wonderful. Oh and I love the cover! :)

14 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Reminds me of the movie Cutting Edge for some reason.

Cool pick!

Here is my WOW

Mariam Maarouf said...

Haha..the cover is cute :)

No WoW's for me this Wed. :)

Christina T said...

Too bad it isn't released till March because it sounds like a great summer book. I hadn't heard of this before but it looks like something I'd like. Nice pick!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds interesting...hope you enjoy it.

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/21/waiting-on-wednesday-19/

Little Miss Becky said...

I really liked A Blue So Dark, so I'll be keeping an eye out for this one next year!

Julie said...

Sounds like a good one! Looks really cute, too! I will have to add this to my Goodreads TBR list. Great pick!

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

I still have to read A Blue So Dark, there are just so many books, it's hard to keep up with all of them. Playing hurt sounds good too :)

Brittany said...

OOOO I just heard of this one today over at La Femme Readers. It sounds good.

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

ditto w/ what Maria said. I can't 2 read this one.

YA Book Queen said...

I like the sound of this one! Great pick :)

Anonymous said...

It does sound pretty awesome and the cover is too adorable for words.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i hadn't heard of this one before, it looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

Savannah said...

You just won an award! Come by my blog and claim it :) http://www.bookswithbite.net

Savannah

Meg said...

This DOES sound fabulous! And the cover is totally adorable. :) Good WoW choice.