Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (20)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we "can't-wait-to-read".

The Kid Table by Andrea Seigel
Release date:  September 14th 2010
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

It's there at every family event. A little smaller, collapsible, and decked out with paper napkins because you can't be trusted with the good ones. But you're stuck there. At the Kid Table. Because to them- to the adults- you're still a kid.

Ingrid Bell and her five teenage cousins are in exactly this situation. Never mind the fact that high school is almost over. They're still eating mac and cheese with a toddler. But what happens when the rules change? When Brianne, the oldest cousin, lands a seat at the Adult Table, the others are in shock. What does it take to graduate from the Kid Table?


Over the course of five family events, Ingrid and her cousins attempt to finish childhood and send the infamous table into retirement. But as Ingrid turns on the charm in order to manipulate her situation, the family starts questioning her motives. And when her first love comes in the form of first betrayal (he's Brianne's boyfriend), Ingrid is forced to consider how she fits into this family and what it means to grow up. 


This sounds so cute! Growing up with a huge family filled with bunches and bunches of cousins, I know how it feels to be at the "kids" table.  And I just love family oriented books. I'm also really liking the cover as well :)

19 comments:

j said...

Oh God, I know exactly what it's like to be stuck at the kid's table WAY after you shouldn't be. lol
This does sound cute! Thanks for sharing!

Jan von Harz said...

You always come up with some great title for add to my wish list. Love the sound of this one. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

This sounds so cute and fun. Like you, I too can relate to being at the kid's table. I remember when a bunch of us finally transitioned to the adult's table, we were all shocked haha.

Test said...

Great pick! This one sounds cute. Also, like you, I can relate to being at the kid's table, and in my family it never was exactly fun because my cousins are so much younger than me.

Amelia said...

Wow. That's a really unique idea! I might just have to check that book out when it comes out.

I myself only had to endure the Kid Table once and I'm glad that was all I had to deal with. There is no better way to impress adult dominance than to make you sit at the Kid Table. Jeepers.

Great book!

-Amelia
(interview with Anne Osterlund now available on my blog. ^_^)

Gaby G said...

Sounds good!

My WoW

Tales of Whimsy said...

Cute name and fun cover :)
Nice choice!
New title for me :)

Book Sake said...

This is such a great find - and of course I'm another that can totally relate!

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

I haven't heard of this one! I'll check it out :D

Manga Maniac said...

I have this book on my list, too. It sounds cute.

My WoW is here -

http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=4066

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

This one sounds cute. I remember sitting at the kids table...as the youngest cousin I ended up there for most family functions. Thank goodness that's over now :)

Mariam Maarouf said...

Hey, Sara!
Sounds like a great pick for your WoW this week.
Btw, would you please take a look at my latest blog post (my cover and trailer are RELEASED!)
Please tell me what you think! Summary is both on Goodreads and my website (both links in the post)
:)
Salaam.

Mariam Maarouf said...

Hey, Sara!
Sounds like a great pick for your WoW this week.
Btw, would you please take a look at my latest blog post (my cover and trailer are RELEASED!)
Please tell me what you think! Summary is both on Goodreads and my website (both links in the post)
:)
Salaam.

Mariam Maarouf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Sounds great - awesome pick, Sara! I love family books too, when they're done right. I'll be looking out for this when it's released!

andrea seigel said...

heyyyy, thank you for spotlighting kid table. super appreciated.

Justine said...

Very interesting! I've always wondered about the Kid/Adult table...I'll be waiting for this one :)

Brittany said...

This sounds fun, I love the cover. What a great concept for a book. Thanks for sharing!

Bere said...

I agree Sara, the cover looks too cute hehe. This sounds like its going to be so much fun. Definitely one to look out for. Great pick Sara. =)