Sunday, July 25, 2010

In My Mailbox (27)

In My Mailbox is a meme originally hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren (click for more information) that shares all the new books you've bought, borrowed, received, or traded for the week.

I had a pretty decent week. I actually might have to take a little blogging break in the next couple of weeks unfortunately. I'll keep you guys posted :)

Received/for review:

Forget You by Jennifer Echols
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

WHY CAN’T YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU FORGET . . .  AND WHAT YOU REMEMBER?  There’s a lot Zoey would like to forget. Like how her father has knocked up his twenty-four- year old girlfriend. Like Zoey’s fear that the whole town will find out about her mom’s nervous breakdown. Like darkly handsome bad boy Doug taunting her at school. Feeling like her life is about to become a complete mess, Zoey fights back the only way she knows how, using her famous attention to detail to make sure she’s the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and the perfect girlfriend to ultra-popular football player Brandon.  But then Zoey is in a car crash, and the next day there’s one thing she can’t remember at all—the entire night before. Did she go parking with Brandon, like she planned? And if so, why does it seem like Brandon is avoiding her? And why is Doug—of all people— suddenly acting as if something significant happened between the two of them? Zoey dimly remembers Doug pulling her from the wreck, but he keeps referring to what happened that night as if it was more, and it terrifies Zoey to admit how much is a blank to her. Controlled, meticulous Zoey is quickly losing her grip on the all-important details of her life—a life that seems strangely empty of Brandon, and strangely full of Doug.

I received two copies of this book. One was from the We Love YA tours and the other one was sent from the publishers. A huge thanks goes to Jennifer Echols for that (: Anyways I'm almost finished with this one and whoa! I absolutely love it so far.

Passing Strange (Generation Dead #3) by Daniel Waters
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Karen DeSonne always passed as a normal (if pale) teenager; with her friends, with her family, and at school. Passing cost her the love of her life. And now that Karen’s dead, she’s still passing—this time, as alive. Karen DeSonne just happens to be an extremely human-like zombie. Meanwhile, Karen’s dead friends have been fingered in a high-profile murder, causing a new round of antizombie regulations that have forced them into hiding. Karen soon learns that the “murder” that destroyed their non-life was a hoax, staged by Pete Martinsburg and his bioist zealots. Obtaining enough evidence to expose the fraud and prove her friends’ innocence means doing the unthinkable: becoming Pete’s girlfriend. Karen’s only hope is that the enemy never realizes who she really is—because the consequences would be worse than death.

I haven't read the first two books yet, but I'm going to very soon. It sounds like a great series. Thanks goes to Non-Fiction Books. 

Won:

Privilege by Kate Brian
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Most girls would die for a life of privilege...
Some would even kill for it.


Ariana Osgood ruled exclusive Easton Academy -- until she was arrested for murdering Thomas Pearson. She's spent the past two years at the Brenda T. Trumbull Correctional Facility for Women plotting her escape and is determined to get a second chance at the glamorous life she left behind. And Ariana will do anything to get her way.... 


 I snagged this book for completing the summer reading program at my local library.  I literally fell in love with Kate Brian's Private series and I've always wanted to try this one out. 

Library/for review:

The Awakening and The Struggle (Vampire Diaries #1 and #2) by L.J. Smith
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants. 

Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist 
Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past. 

Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to possess her. 

Collected here in one volume for the first time, volumes one and two of The Vampire Diaries, the tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.


I thought it was finally time to give this series a go. If I like it I plan to read all the books and then catch up on the TV show (: 

What's in your mailbox?

18 comments:

Shanyn said...

I have Privilege too! I really need to read it + the Private series!

Unknown said...

Forget You - LOVED that book...as for the Vampire Diaries, I actually dont like the books, but love the show - how twisted and weird is that?!

Mariam Maarouf said...

I want Only The Good Spy Young! =( Haha..
Sounds like a good collection.

Dwayne said...

Glad you're liking Forget You, I am in love with that book! :D Enjoy the rest of your lot ^.^

Adriana said...

I also got Forget You. I can't wait to start reading it. Like Jenn,I don't really like The Vampire Diaries books all that much, the show is actually so much better. Happy Reading!

Euphoria13 said...

I want to read Forget You! :)

Nice books you got this past week!

Amelia said...

Man. FORGET YOU is really popular! Like, everyone has a copy except me. Not the first time I'm on the late train though. XD I hope you like it! It looks very promising!

Great books this week! Happy reading!

-Amelia
(I know. This post is actually TAME. what's wrong with me? XD)

Lillie (AliseOnLife) said...

Looks really good! I've been thinking of getting Forget You and Passing Strange. Heard good things about both.

Happy Reading!

Savannah said...

Great book. I have Forget you too. I can't wait to read that one.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I much prefer the TV show for The Vampire Diaries. I've only read the first two books in the series (i.e the book you have) and it was just okay. Kind of lacked for me but of course I hope you enjoy it. :D Still, watch the show, it's soo good!

Loving Forget You so far as well.

Enjoy Sara! :D

Brittany said...

Nice books this week. I look forward to your review of Forget You. Happy Reading!

Julie said...

Forget You looks amazing! I want to read it! I love L.J. Smith, yet I haven't read the Vampire Diaries yet. What's wrong with me??

Emidy @ Une Parole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Nice books Sara! Forget You is obviously supposed to be fantastic, and Privilege is really addictive. It reminds me of the Pretty Little Liars series. Anyways, enjoy!

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your books. Just one for me this week called Gerry Tales.

Anonymous said...

These all sound fantastic. I always feel like I'm behind on my reading when I visit your blog. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Bere said...

Awesome books you got there Sara! I can't wait to hear what you think on Forget You. I've heard great things on this one. Also, I haven't read Vampire Diaries either. I kinda have been putting it off hehe. I'll be looking forward to reading your reviews. Happy reading and I hope you enjoy all of them. =)

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

<3 forget you! I can't wait to see what Jennifer has next!

Happy reading!