Sunday, July 11, 2010

In My Mailbox (25)

In My Mailbox is a meme originally hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren (click for more information) that shares all the new books you've bought, borrowed, received, or traded for the week.

Whoa!  I can't believe it's already time for another IMM post. Is it just me or is time flying? Maybe it's just the summertime. Anyways I had an OK week, not the best, but not too bad :)

Library/for review: 

Audrey Wait by Robin Benway  
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

While trying to score a date with her cute co-worker at the Scooper Dooper, sixteen-year-old Audrey gains unwanted fame and celebrity status when her ex-boyfriend, a rock musician, records a breakup song about her that soars to the top of the Billboard charts.




I've always passed this one at the library, but after reading so many fab reviews I just had to pick it up! I can't wait to get started on it. 

Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Samara Taylor used to believe in miracles. She used to believe in a lot of things. As a pastor's kid, it's hard not to buy in to the idea of the perfect family, a loving God, and amazing grace. But lately, Sam has a lot of reason to doubt. Her mother lands in rehab after a DUI and her father seems more interested in his congregation than his family. When a young girl in her small town is kidnapped, the local tragedy overlaps with Sam's personal one, and the already-worn thread of faith holding her together begins to unravel. 

I loved her other two novels- Story of a Girl and Sweethearts, so I'm sure this one will be wonderful.

Pretty Little Devils by Nancy Holder
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Hazel Stone wants nothing more than to be a part of the hottest clique in school, the Pretty Little Devils, but she's stuck at a lunch table full of high school C-listers. Hazel has resigned herself to life as a nobody—when suddenly everything changes. The PLDs invite Hazel to one of the group's famous parties, held at the site of one of their babysitting jobs. Before Hazel knows it, she's in with the in crowd—and she couldn't be more thrilled!
But nothing turns out the way she expects. Especially when one her classmates becomes jealous of her newfound status—deadly jealous.

This sounds like my kind of book! It kind of reminds me of the PLL series, but from the reviews I've read, it's even creepier ;)


Received/for review:

Greek: Double Date by Marsha Warner
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

Two dates—same night!Major oops. When Casey Cartwright's brother begs her to be nerdy Dale Kettlewell's date to the sure-to-be-boring Honors Engineering Awards, Casey says yes. Even though Dale is totally not her type… and might have a crush on her. Ugh. But it's a nice thing to do, and Casey's always been the "nice" girl.
But now, that night conflicts with the biggest event of the semester, the All-Greek formal. Casey already has a date lined up: hot transfer student Rob Howell. He's her plan to get over her sexy-slacker ex, Cappie. And even nice girls get to be bad sometimes, right?

What to do? With a little help from BFF Ashleigh, unwanted advice from frenemy Rebecca Logan and even a push from Cappie, what Casey does may surprise even herself….

I've seen all the episodes of the TV series, so I'm curious to see how this will compare. I big thanks goes to Harlquin Teen for sending this one in.

 What's in your mailbox?

17 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

You got some nice books. I haven't read any and will be eager to hear what you think of them. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

Tesni said...

I haven't read any of those books, but Once was Lost looks and sounds fantastic. There's a copy of Audrey, Wait at my local library too, but I've not read it yet. I hope you enjoy them!

Mariam Maarouf said...

Technically, I have nothing in my mailbox, but Im currently reading The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie and The Kite Runner will soon follow :)

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Great books Sara! I'll be waiting for some reviews. Hope you enjoy them!

Super Librarian said...

Happy reading!

I loved the Greek TV series - I didn't know there were books out, so thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

Lillie (AliseOnLife) said...

Your books look quite interesting! Happy Reading :)

Blueicegal ♥ said...

hey hun :) looks like you had a fantastic week hmm enjoy them dearie :)

Katie said...

Great books. I loved Audrey,Wait!, Once Was Lost, and Pretty Little Devils. Hope you enjoy them all as much as I did!

Dwayne said...

Haven't read any of them, so I'll be waiting for your review! Enjoy them all!

Raíla said...

Oh, I may receive the Brazilian release of Audrey, Wait! this month. Its cover here is super amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I want to. Happy reading week, baby! :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Oh! I'm loving the cover for Pretty Little Devils!

Enjoy your reads!

Hope you can check out mine!
The Unread Reader

Brittany said...

Audrey Wait is one I've passed at the library too. I look forward to seeing your thoughts.

Linna said...

I really want to read Audrey, Wait (the premise sounds so quirky!) so I just can't wait to hear what you think of that. And the cover for Once Was Lost is so pretty... Happy reading, Sara!

Anonymous said...

Love the cover for Lost, it draws me right in.

Jessica Love said...

Audrey, Wait! is one of my very favorites! I hope you love it. :-)

Cara said...

I really liked Audrey, Wait!--such a great summer read. C: The other books look great, too. I love Greek, so I'm excited to see if the book is just as good. Happy reading!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT BOOKS!