Sunday, March 14, 2010

In My Mailbox (10)

In My Mailbox is a meme originally hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren (click for more information) that shares all the new books you've bought, borrowed, received, or traded for the week.

I had an OK week. It was the saddest thing to return some of unread library books that had overdue fines. I decided to read all of my library books before digging into my  purchased ones.

Library/for review:

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)
What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.


I couldn't believe my library actually had this book! I heard it was simply amazing, most of the reviews gave this book five stars. I can't wait :)

Willow by Julia Hoban

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)
Seven months ago, on a rainy March night, sixteen year- old Willow’s parents died in a horrible car accident. Willow was driving. Now her older brother barely speaks to her, her new classmates know her as the killer orphan girl, and Willow is blocking the pain by secretly cutting herself. But when one boy—one sensitive, soulful boy—discovers Willow’s secret, it sparks an intense relationship that turns the “safe” world Willow has created for herself upside down.

Told in an extraordinary fresh voice, Willow is an unforgettable novel about one girl’s struggle to cope with tragedy, and one boy’s refusal to give up on her. 


Willow looks so powerful and touching. I'm almost scared to read this because it is about such a sensitive subject.


Confessions of a Serial Kisser

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)
 EVANGELINE LOGAN WANTS a kiss. A spectacular, heart-stopping, life changing kiss. Somehow The Crimson Kiss (a romance novel she’s become obsessed with) and Four Steps to Living Your Fantasy (a self-help book she’s reading) have fused in Evangeline’s mind and sent her on a quest for a kiss. But the path to perfection is paved with many bad kisses—the smash mouth, the ear licker, the “misser.” The phrase “I don’t kiss and tell” means nothing to the boys in her school. And worse: someone starts writing her name and number on bathroom walls. And worst of all: the boy she's just kissed turns out to be her best friend’s new crush. Kissing turns out to be way more complicated than the romance novels would have you believe . . .

I thought this looked like such a cute fun read!

When It Happens by Susan Colasanti

Summary: (taken from Goodreads)
At the start of her senior year, Sara wants two things: to get into a top college and to find true love. Tobey also wants two things in his senior year: to win Battle of the Bands and to make Sara fall in love with him. A popular jock named Dave, though, moves in on Sara first. But Tobey's quirky wit and big blue eyes are hard for Sara to ignore. Plus, he gets the little things that matter to her - like why she loves the Lloyd Dobler boom-box scene in the movie Say Anything....Can a slacker rock-star wanna be win the heart of a pretty class brain like Sara?

I haven't read any of Susan Colasanti's books before, but I heard she was awesome. This sounds great :)

What's in your mailbox?

20 comments:

Jamie said...

Great list! I have Before I Fall in my TBR mountain and I've read When It Happens and really liked it a lot!

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

I read Before I Fall and really loved it, I hope you will too! Willow sounds great, I have it on my TBR pile, too.

Monster of Books said...

Before I fall looks so good, and I've heard so many good things about it. So enjoy your haul :)

Vicki said...

Before I Fall is amaxing, I really want to read Willow too...great books, Enjoy!

Dazzling Mage said...

Great books this week! I've heard great things about Willow.

Happy reading!

Raíla said...

Aw, I'd really like to hear what you think of Willow then I could chose whether buy it or not, maybe... I am waiting for my copy of Before I Fall... I can't wait for it!

Maria said...

I've heard so many great things about Before I Fall! :) Enjoy!

j said...

Awesome books! I really want to read Before I Fall and Willow, I have been hearing good things about those two. Happy Reading!

Morgan said...

Great Books, I've been wanting to read Before I Fall. I hope you enjoy them all!

Anonymous said...

Completely I share your opinion. In it something is also to me it seems it is excellent idea. Completely with you I will agree.

YA Book Queen said...

Awesome books! BIF is incredible!!! I hope you enjoy them all :)

Christina T said...

All of these look like fantastic books. I've found some more to add to my TBR list-which usually happens every time I visit your blog :)

Enjoy your reading. I look forward to your review of Before I Fall.

Here is what's in my mailbox.

My Book Barn said...

Great list! They all sound like good reads!

Brittany said...

Excellent books this week. Before I Fall was so good. Happy Reading!

Jessica Love said...

You will LOVE Before I Fall! It's fantastic!

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Very nice! I'm sure Before I Fall is going to be excellent - everyone seems to love it! I'll be waiting for your reiview.

Here's my In My Mailbox for this week.

The Library Lurker said...

I got Before I Fall and Willow this week too! Except I bought both of them :P I didn't really like When It Happens, but I hope you do!

Stephanie said...

These look really good. I read a glowing review of Willow -- it sounds terrific, though heart-wrenching. And Before I Fall seems to be getting rave reviews everywhere!

Jamie said...

I'm so jealous of Before I Fall! My library takes FOREVER to get in new titles. Happy Reading!!

Jan von Harz said...

Definitely want to get Before I Fall. Your other titles look good too. Enjoy!