Sunday, March 7, 2010

In My Mailbox (9)

In My Mailbox is a meme originally hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren (click for more information) that shares all the new books you've bought, borrowed, received, or traded for the week.

I think this is officially my first "badish" week. I have so so so many great books to read from the previous weeks that I'm OK with it :)

Library/for review:

Fade by Lisa McMann
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck. 

Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared.... 

Ahh I just finished Wake and fell in love, so I'm dying to read this one! I heard it was somehow possibly even better than the first.

Gone by Lisa McMann
Summary: (taken from Goodreads) 

Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out....


I couldn't resist getting the third installment in this series. I'm kind of hesitate though, I heard it didn't live up to the first two books-which makes me really sad. I'm ready to give it a chance. 

What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

My name is Robin.

This book is about me.

It tells the story of what happens when after almost 15 pathetic years of loserdom, the girl of my dreams finally falls for me.

That seems like it would be a good thing, right? Only it turns out to be a lot more complicated than that.

Because I'm not gonna lie to you -- there are naked women involved. Four of them, to be exact. Though not in the way you might think.

Don't get me wrong -- my girlfriend's amazing. But the way things have been going lately, I'm starting to believe that the only thing worse than not getting what you want, is getting it.

Eeee! I'm so excited, I absolutely loved What My Mother Doesn't Know (link takes you to my review). I even get more than I expected with the point of view told from Robin.

Coffee, Love, Sugar by Rachel Cohn
Summary: (taken from Goodreads)

After getting tossed from her posh boarding school, wild, willful, and coffee addicted Cyd Charisse returns to San Francisco to live with her parents. But there's no way Cyd can survive in her parents' pristine house. Lucky for Cyd she's got Gingerbread, her childhood rag doll and confidante, and her new surfer boyfriend. 

When Cyd's rebelliousness gets out of hand, her parents ship her off to New York City to spend the summer with "Frank real-dad," her biological father. Trading in her parents for New York City grunge and getting to know her bio-dad and step-sibs is what Cyd has been waiting for her whole life. But summer in the city is not what Cyd expects -- and she's far from the daughter or sister that anyone could have imagined. 

Hmm this sounds interesting! Rachel Cohn combined with a series= a good time? 

What's in your in mailbox?

24 comments:

Booklover Book Reviews said...

This is pretty good if it's a bad week for you! Lisa McMann's covers are great - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I haven't done any online ordering recently, but yesterday I made some store purchases: Kirsten Smith's The Geography of Girlhood, Justina Chen Headley's Nothing But the Truth (and a few white lies), and Martin Booth's Soul Stealer.

I'm a Lit-Bitch, Baby said...

What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know sounds cute! Enjoy!

Dazzling Mage said...

Getting the last 2 installments after reading Wake is actually smart. I wish I'd done that!

I've read that Gone has a different tone to it than the others.

Happy reading!

Raíla said...

Hmm! Fade and Gone. I have ordered the first one, Wake. I hope I like it and I hope you enjoy these two!

Chrissie said...

Oh, I really want to read the Lisa McMann books!! Happy reading :)

A.J. said...

Enjoy your books! :D

I loved FADE! X3 I think GONE was okay. I just wish there was more; it felt like it was too quick. The whole book was about 2 weeks, actually.
(Btw, you can download a short part from WAKE in Cabel's POV here!)

Morgan said...

Wow, you got some awesome books and I hope you enjoy them all!

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Interesting selection this week! I haven't read any of them so I'll be looking forward to the reviews. Enjoy!

Emidy
from Une Parole

Christina / Book Addict said...

Great books this week. I need to read Fade and Gone. I've heard good things. Enjoy your books!

Kathy Martin said...

You got some nice books this week. Good luck on trying to catch up. I don't think I ever will. But I'll love trying. Happy reading!

Stephanie said...

These look good! I enjoyed the first book in this Lisa McMann series.

Ng said...

Those books ALL sound fab, I hope you enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

I still have to read Fade & Gone. I read Wake such a loooong time ago too. I hope these two are just as fun to read as the first one. :D I've never hear of Coffee, Love, & Sugar before. It sounds great though so thanks for the heads up!

Enjoy! :D

Jessica Love said...

Hm...that Rachel Cohn book, that's Gingerbread with a new name. How funny. I like her Cyd Charrise books, they are really fun. I had no idea they had new titles/covers.

Enjoy your books!

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

The Rachel Cohn book looks like it will a good read! I really enjoyed reading the whole Wake Trilogy, even Gone. Have a great reading week!

Miss Remmers said...

Wow! It looks like a great week of books for you! I can't wait to hear what you think!

Corrine said...

I just picked up Wake and Fade the other day, haven't had a chance to pick up Gone yet though. I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

Looks like you've got a great reading week coming up! Fade & Gone are quick reads and I'm curious how you feel about the ending. Happy reading :)

Brittany said...

? I haven't heard of the Coffee, love & Sugar compilation. That's so cool. I love Sonya Sones. Great books this week. Happy Reading!

Christina T said...

All of these look great especially the Sonya Sones book. I look forward to your reviews.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I LOVE the look and title of the last one ;)

Anonymous said...

What necessary words... super, an excellent idea

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

I have not heard of What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know before and I am glad I seen it hear because it looks great!=)