Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (4)

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
 -BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
-Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:

 "Fear is clamping down on me like a vise, and I feel like I might shatter into a million pieces right then and there. I want to sit down and put my head between my knees, but I'm worried that if I move, or close, my eyes, or do anything I'll just start to unravel -head coming away from neck coming away from shoulder -all of me floating away into nothing." 

pg.114, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Oh wow! I'm so glad everyone was right: Before I Fall is amazing/one of the coolest books ever. I'm so engaged in the book,I didn't even want to take a break to post this. I'll be finished soon, so watch out for my review :)

13 comments:

TheAtticGirl said...

Wow, that is quite a teaser! I have felt that afraid before. Can't wait to hear your review about it!

Here's my teaser:

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-mr-darcy-broke-my-by.html

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Oh, fantastic teaser! I feel like everyone's reading this book but me. I keep saying this, but I have to pick it up soon and join the party!

Emidy
from Une Parole

j said...

Wow! I really want this one! Great teaser!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great one :)

Barbara said...

totally agree with Emidy -- I have to get it. better late than never, I say.

Here's mine

plus a video of the hunt for the perfect photo for the book's cover -- fun!

Jennifer said...

I may be one of the last people to read this book. Your teaser is sad and beautifully written and I need to get a copy of this book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-captivity.html

Bere said...

Awesome teaser, Sara! I can't wait to read your
review. I'm just dying to read this book, I've
heard so many great things about it =)

Morgan said...

I really want to read this book, and your defiantly adding onto that excitement. Great teaser!

Christina T said...

Awesome teaser! I'm glad that you are enjoying this. It sounds like such a fantastic book and I can't wait to read it too. I look forward to your review.

Here is my teaser.

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Ooh, that's an excellent teaser! I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying the book and I can't wait for your full review!

Brittany said...

Great teaser, this is a good part.

Nise' said...

This teaser makes me want to take the book of my stack right now! Glad you are enjoying it.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

That is such a fantastic teaser! I can't wait to read that book :)